How can your Businesses Achieve Sustainability with a Delivery Management System?
In simple words, Sustainability is the ability to exist and develop without compromising the ability of future generations.
Did you know– “Over 4500 companies globally have become certified B Corps as of February 2022. (To become certified as a B Corp a company must meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability, and aspire to use the power of markets to solve social and environmental problems).”
What do you think?
Here we’ll understand the three pillars of sustainability, and how can you make your business sustainable with the delivery management system.
Three Pillars of Sustainability
- Economic Pillar- Economic sustainability refers to an organization’s ability to manage its resources and generate profits responsibly over time. It is the simplest form of sustainability for a business. In this, a business must be profitable and produce enough revenues to be economically sustainable.
- Social Pillar- Social sustainability is connected to social license, which represents the acceptance of the company’s standard practices by employees, stakeholders, and the general public. Businesses, for example, should employ sustainable labor, which includes fairly compensated, adult employees who can work in a safe environment.
- Environmental Pillar- It is the most important sustainability pillar. Companies are focused on reducing the carbon footprinting, usage of paper, and other environmental damages. Maintaining the environmental sustainability pillar not only supports a thriving environment but also a business.
According to Forbes, “Although 90% of business leaders think sustainability is important, only 60% of companies have a sustainability strategy.”
How can you make your business sustainable with the delivery management system?
- Avoid Wastage of Stock- Insufficient stock or excess stock ultimately leads to losses. Excess stock can result in wastage and lead to financial losses, whereas insufficient stock results in order unfulfillment. This disrupts the economic and environmental pillars of sustainability. Having precise stock data makes sure that there is no wastage of stock and that the customers’ order demands are also met. Delivery management system generates a precise future stock report and allows businesses to only have the required stock- neither less nor more.
- Cut fuel Costs by Optimizing the Route- Saving fuel is a win-win for businesses because it’s friendly to both the environment and your bottom line. With the help of route optimization software, It is possible to reduce the number of trips and also reduce the turnaround time. All of this contributes to not only efficiency but also a lower carbon footprint through increased fuel efficiency.
- Go Paperless with Digitalization- Switching to online billing and paperwork is a great bargain for cutting costs and saving trees. It is possible with the smart delivery management system. Instead of paper invoices, send customers invoices online via mail, messages, etc. Also, the customer and order data can be stored and managed from the system. Adopting a delivery management system will not only make the tasks paperless but also increase the efficiency of the process.
- Increase social trust- Maintaining transparency among the customers helps in maintaining the social pillar of sustainability. It enhances the customers’ experience and increases the retention rate. The delivery management system allows customers to get live order status updates, live tracking, and the estimated time of arrival. Good customer satisfaction helps in bringing the referrals that assist the growth and profitability of the business.
Using the apt delivery management software can help in achieving sustainability, which otherwise is a great challenge. It helps in maintaining all the sustainability pillars while improving the- productivity, profitability, and efficiency of the business.
If you are interested in learning more about how you can create such business models: Book a Meeting
Hope You Enjoyed the Read!
He loves to explore. His passion for helping delivery industries in all aspects flows through in the vision he has. In addition to providing smart solution to make delivery process flawless, Ravi also likes to write sometimes to make it easier for people from business industry looking for digital solutions.