How to Track Mileage with Delivery Tracking Software?
Offering effective delivery services has become a necessity for many companies in today’s fast-paced society. Maintaining a mileage log is essential for controlling costs and streamlining your delivery procedures, whether you run a small e-commerce business or oversee a large logistics operation. Fortunately, the development of delivery tracking software has made this task easy.
This article will discuss the significance of tracking mileage in delivery operations and offer a thorough tutorial on how to do it efficiently with tracking software.
The Significance of Mileage Tracking
Although keeping track of mileage during delivery may seem like a routine task, the company’s finances depend on it.
Here are a few reasons why mileage tracking is crucial:
- Cost Management – Fuel costs directly correlate with mileage. Accurate mileage tracking helps you find inefficient routes and driver behaviour, reducing fuel expenses and operating costs.
- Billing and Invoicing – Accurate mileage tracking ensures fair and precise billing for companies that bill clients based on mileage or delivery distance, increasing client satisfaction and trust.
- Maintenance Planning – The timing of vehicle maintenance can benefit from mileage information. Regular maintenance and repairs can increase the lifespan of your delivery vehicles and minimise unplanned downtime.
Let us explore how delivery software can improve the effectiveness of tracking mileage.
How does this software work?
Tracking software is designed to give you immediate access to your delivery activities. Delivery vehicles use GPS technology, which tracks and logs information like the distance travelled, the route taken, and the length of stops by tracking mileage.
Here’s how it works:
- GPS tracking – A GPS device installed in every vehicle in your fleet, integrated into the tracking program. You can track the real-time location because the GPS transmits the information to the software.
- Data analysis – The software gathers and analyses GPS information to produce in-depth reports on all facets of your deliveries, including mileage tracking.
- User interface – You can access the software through a user-friendly interface, typically accessible from a computer or mobile device. This interface provides insights into vehicle locations, routes, and mileage data.
Now that we know how it works, let us look at how it tracks mileage efficiently.
Steps for tracking mileage with a mileage tracker:
- Choose the right software – Choose a delivery tracking program after DYOR and consider your company’s needs. Consider the size of your fleet, the degree of integration with your current systems, and the software’s scalability.
- Install GPS devices – Install GPS devices in your delivery vehicles once you have decided on a software solution. Ensure they are connected to the tracking software and configured correctly.
- Configure mileage tracking – Configure the mileage tracking settings in the software. List the metrics you want to track, such as total distance travelled, distance per delivery, or distance per vehicle.
- Monitor real-time data – Track current information on the locations and mileage of your vehicles using the software’s dashboard. Your decisions about route optimisation and driving style can be influenced by this information.
- Generate mileage reports – Create mileage reports from the software regularly. These reports can be tailored to your particular requirements and offer information on mileage by vehicle, driver, or period.
- Analyse data – Analyse the mileage information to find patterns, areas for development, and potential cost-saving opportunities. Look for differences and take prompt action to resolve them.
- Optimise routes – Plan more effective delivery routes with route optimisation features. You can cut fuel costs and delivery times by minimising unnecessary mileage.
- Train your team – Ensure your drivers and employees get trained properly to use the software. They should be aware of its advantages and how their actions affect mileage.
- Regularly update software – Keep your system updated to take advantage of the newest features and improvements. Routine updates add mileage tracking improvements.
Benefits of using software for mileage tracking
Let us look at the advantages you can gain from using the system now that you know how to track mileage:
- Cost Savings – Lower fuel and maintenance costs by optimising routes and observing driver behaviour.
- Improved customer satisfaction – Customers are happier when deliveries are delivered quickly. You can give precise delivery estimates and take proactive steps to deal with delays.
- Accurate billing – Maintaining trust and transparency is made possible by mileage tracking, ensuring you bill your customers correctly.
Data-driven decisions – You can improve your delivery operations continuously by having access to precise mileage data, which enables you to make wise decisions.
Businesses that operate delivery services need effective mileage tracking. Delivery management software makes this task easier by generating thorough reports and giving your fleet real-time visibility. You can optimise routes, cut costs, and improve customer satisfaction by selecting the appropriate software, customising it to your requirements, and regularly analysing the data it provides, leveraging technology to improve your bottom line and transform your delivery operations. Schedule a brief meeting to see how we can help you track your delivery performance and improve your business’s productivity.
Hope You Enjoyed the Read!
He loves to explore. His passion for helping delivery industries in all aspects flows through in the vision he has. In addition to providing smart solution to make delivery process flawless, Ravi also likes to write sometimes to make it easier for people from business industry looking for digital solutions.